Young Professional (1-3 jaar ervaring)
Renewable Energy Group is leading the energy and transportation industries’ transition to sustainability by converting renewable resources into high-quality, sustainable fuels. REG is an international producer of sustainable fuels that significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions to immediately reduce carbon impact. REG utilizes a global integrated procurement, distribution, and logistics network to operate 11 biorefineries in the U.S. and Europe.
In 2020, REG produced 519 million gallons, or 1.7 million metric tons, of cleaner fuel delivering 4.2 million metric tons of carbon reduction. REG is meeting the growing global demand for lower- carbon fuels and leading the way to a more sustainable future.
The purpose of this role is the proactive support of REG’s international sales and trading activities by providing in-depth energy and biofuels market research and business analytics. The Market Analyst will play a pivotal role in capturing margins in line with financial plans and help prioritizing and executing on high margin opportunities as part of REG’s international Sales & Trading strategy. As a result, this role will significantly contribute to driving commercial optimization, margin maximization and customer satisfaction.
What you are going to do
- Develop a profound understanding of European and International biofuels market fundamentals and provide market and pricing analytics to the Sales & Trading team, to support daily pricing and hedging decisions and margin options by product and region.
- Ensure a proactive monitoring, research, and analysis of market developments including demand/supply balance, competitors, suppliers, and changes in policy and regulatory frameworks, with a main focus on Europe but also globally.
- Monitor and assess the impact of international regulations on the global and regional biofuels business.
- Proactive support of operational trading and market channel optimization by developing a strong market view and create new business ideas to drive change and commercial success.
- Demonstrate ownership of comprehensive research and analysis projects in order to support key operational and/or strategic initiatives.
- Build and help mastering an ever-more data-driven market analysis environment and closely align market analysis standards with internal stakeholders and peer analysts
- Ensure effective communication, including design of tools and layouts to share focused and time critical data with the management, trading desk and other internal stakeholders.
- Develop analytical tools and processes to standardize, improve and automate existing analysis
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support sales and trading strategy formulation and discussions for senior management
Who we are looking for
- At least 3-5 years of work experience preferably in a fuel/bio-fuel or commodity related industry, with experience in market analysis, trading and/or business development
- Degree in a numerate and analytically focused discipline e.g. business, finance, data analytics or economics.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong team player who enjoys working in an international environment
- Outstanding solution orientation and Can-Do-attitude
- Cultivate a collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment across departments
- Highly self-motivated with a proactive approach
- Excellent and transparent communication
- Fluent in spoken and written English, other European languages are a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, programming skills would be an advantage
What we offer
Who we areWould you like to work in a dynamic, fast developing environment? Renewable Energy Group Inc. is an international company dedicated to create a sustainable future for the fuel industry, with offices and plants located in The Netherlands, Germany and the United States. REG produces and supplies renewable fuels, such as biodiesel and renewable diesel, renewable chemicals and other products. Within REG we focus on collaboration and value the ideas and accomplishments of every team member.