More about Helloprint
Helloprint is one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies active in 8 countries. Helloprint is the winner of the Deloitte Fast50 Rising Star Award 2016 and the Rotterdamse Ondernemersprijs 2018. As a fast-growing scale-up, we are always hungry for more growth, and we are not afraid to break the rules!
We are looking to expand, and to do this, we’re searching for new Helloprinters! Hungry and curious individuals who want to design their own road to success. Ambitious digital professionals who are up for a challenge. People who do not like being told what to do and how to do it, but who believe in freedom and responsibility, just like we do. Individuals who want to make the utmost of their career.
What you do
Developer Internship - Start date: September 2020
As a Developer Intern at Helloprint, you help make our platform the easiest and biggest one on earth by making sure our customers have the best user experience they can imagine!
You'll be working in a team of developers and designers that, if we want to further fuel our rapid growth, could use some more development capacity. Together with the Merch team, you will be building our Merch.Music e-commerce app, which will greatly challenge your knowledge and skills. During this hands-on internship you will be learning everything there is to know our modern development methods, team-structure and our scrum framework.
Who are we
Merch.Music is the newest addition to the Helloprint family and is an e-commerce app aimed at artists and music industry professionals all across the globe. Our main focus right now is to develop our Shopify app: an important step we are taking is building payment integrations so we can handle orders more efficiently and creating new integrations with other e-commerce platforms to expand our reach. We have a lot on our plate so your help will be very welcome.
When it comes to technological stack, we use Nuxt, Vue.js, Kubernetes and a bit of Typescript.
What will you do
- Translate designs and wireframes in working features for our storefront solutions;
- Build new connections with various e-commerce platforms;
- Analyse and resolve bugs that might crop up;
- Help plan & scope the sprint planning using agile methodologies in our refinement;
- And, of course, you will come up with solutions and alternatives to make your colleagues even happier with what we deliver!
What we're looking for
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Masters degree in IT studies or anything related. Please note that being enrolled throughout the entire internship period is a hard requirement!
- You are available full-time, for 5-6 months from September 2020
- You have tried a few things with Nuxt, Vue.js or React;
- You are able to work independently;
- You have a pragmatic mindset;
- You are goal-oriented and eager to learn;
- You speak and write English fluently (please, submit your CV and cover letter in English).
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to work on the architecture and development of the next big platform;
- A steep learning curve: you get big challenges instead of tasks to work on, which makes you learn faster;
- A unique challenge at one of Europe’s fastest growing e-commerce companies;
- A compensation, including a bonus arrangement because when we win, we win together;
- A unique culture with 21 nationalities, an average age of 29 and an environment where freedom and responsibility are central;
- The most beautiful office in Rotterdam, right on the Witte de Withstraat, the best street in Rotterdam - it’s just 5 minutes from Rotterdam Central Station;
- Super healthy and delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner arranged for you with lots of love;
- The opportunity to make yourself better: courses, events and more, if you want to develop, you have that opportunity;
- Seriously: The best business bubbles, Team Events, our own HelloSkybar™, do we need to say more?