Research and Business Development Analyst for the Dutch market
Aurora Energy Research is a dynamic and fast-growing energy analytics company. We provide analysis, tools and data to drive the decisions which will shape the transformation of European and global energy markets. Our subscription business provides data and intelligence to leading private and public-sector clients to help navigate the energy transition, spanning all key energy commodities, with particular focus on the power sector and low carbon energy transformation. Founded in 2013 by a group of University of Oxford academics on the premise that technological progress, and policies tackling climate change, render energy markets increasingly complex, but that this complexity yields to rigorous, sophisticated analysis and modelling.
Aurora is now a thriving, rapidly-growing company of over 120 staff with offices in Oxford, Berlin and Sydney. Demand for our services – spanning subscription research and consultancy – is immense. We currently serve over 250 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and government. We expect to grow beyond 150 staff over the next 18 months.
Research and Business Development Analyst for the Dutch market, based in Berlin, Germany
Joining our office in Berlin, you will contribute to Aurora’s rapidly expanding business in the Netherlands by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: identifying potential clients to approach and their needs, pitching our offering, negotiating with potential clients, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations. You will also contribute to new product development.
The successful applicants will combine technical strength with a strong track record of performance in team-oriented environments and a commercial mindset.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. They will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the Dutch energy sector, and to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.The position suits a recent graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s programme. Exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level.
• Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
• Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
• Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
• Identifying new potential clients, approaching them and negotiate service agreements
• Communicate findings to clients
• Very good university grades, likely in business, economics, social sciences, engineering or similar
• An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data
• Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
• Strong commercial mindset; creativity and intuition to identify opportunities that can lead to commercial success
• Top notch written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
• Enthusiasm for energy markets; previous professional or academic exposure to energy beneficial
• Fluency in Dutch and English
• A dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
• Autonomy and the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
• The opportunity to grow into an industry expert and to become the key contact for a diverse range of international clients with an interest in the Dutch power sector at utilities, banks, investors, project developers and government
• Engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
• Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
• A fun and informal work culture in a cool office in Berlin Kreuzberg with coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office as well as Friday afternoon pizza and beer with the team and regular offsite team events
Start dates are flexible, please indicate your availability. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive and include a performance-based bonus.