What you'll do
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
The Mendix Traineeship:
Our specially designed traineeship is the kick-start of your career within Mendix, where you can allow your talent to flourish and make impact. Mendix needs to add young high potentials, selected based on our Mendix Blue behaviors and train them to rock start their career at Mendix. This is what the traineeship is all about: to set young potential up for success towards a great career and contribution to Mendix. As a Mendix Talent, we will provide you with the knowledge about our company, systems and tools and YOU need to show your value by learning fast, making a difference and showing your talent.
Start: 1 April 2020
The duration of our Mendix Talent Program is 12 months. The first part of the program is onboarding, where in the first 6 months you will be intensively working at our App Factory, getting to know both our Mendix product(s), as well as our organization. You will be building the internal network and getting the sense of direction for the future growth.
Afterwards you may choose an assignment(s) provided by our departments, which will help you develop (management) skills and find the right exit into our organisation.
Mendix is proud to be a part of the Siemens software family and transfer to Siemens is certainly an option, but we hope to retain most of the Talents within Mendix at least for the first years of their employment.
The Mendix Traineeship involves the departments:
Expert Services - Consulting
*Note: For this traineeship we decided to focus on people located in the Netherlands.
Responsibility in your role from day one:
- Gaining knowledge of our platform and business by an intensive training at the App Factory (first six months);
- You will be learning fast, making a difference and showing your talent;
- Meeting and exceeding on the agreed individual goals;
- Completing a high level assignment at one of the Mendix units - Making an assignment proposal and ensuring that the agreed timeline is achieved;
- Maintain effective relationships with internal customers/technical peers to support effective delivery;
- Ensuring that the knowledge in your discipline and technology stack remains up to date;
- Sharing knowledge within the team and/or unit;
- Ensuring visibility within Mendix.
You are the talented innovator we need if you:
- Believe in our vision and our business and want to play a role in our success;
- Have a Bachelor's or Master's degree or relevant experience in Business Information Management;
- Must be able to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment;
- Pro-active and act when needed without needing specific instructions;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Open minded, being able to think outside the box;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Collaborative and willing to take ownership and walk the extra mile;
- Have high-energy, is results driven;
- Love to drive innovation and latest technologies in an international fast paced setting.
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.