Starter (0-1 jaar ervaring)
Young Professional (1-3 jaar ervaring)
For our fast growing division DSV Solutions, cluster EAST / location Venray, we are looking for a: Junior Logistics Engineer
Do you see room for effective and efficient improvements everywhere? Then take a look at this vacancy of Junior Logistics Engineer and apply immediately!
What you are going to do
You will initiate, execute and coordinate small projects aimed at setting up and optimising the operational (logistics) processes, in such a way that logistics services - based on customer requirements - are provided efficiently. In the position of Junior Logistics Engineer, you will report directly to the Manager Business Support.
You will also be responsible for the following core tasks:
- Determine the requirements and specifications from customers or your own organisation and make improvement proposals;
- Coming up with innovative solutions for problems that are related to the work. Thinking up new ways of working to replace existing ones, questioning the obvious and countering traditional tendencies;
- Coordinating/participating in projects related to new customers, processes and applications;
- Adding meaning to information in a given work situation. Developing and deepening knowledge in a particular area of interest and translating the consequences for one's own organisation;
- Overview: Overseeing situations and processes in time, recognising problems and tackling them systematically with an eye for the consequences.
Who we are searching for
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and add value to our organisation. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, ownership. We also consider the following points important for the position:
- HBO work and thinking level;
- Analytical insight and a preference for optimising processes;
- Familiarity with WMS functionalities and mechanisation solutions is an advantage;
- Command of the Dutch and English languages, both verbally and in writing.
What we offer
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. We are growing and looking for people who want to grow with us. We offer a challenging job in an international environment, with a salary that matches the position and good fringe benefits (including 28 days' holiday, 8% holiday pay and a good pension scheme).
Who we are
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.