Starter (0-1 jaar ervaring)
Young Professional (1-3 jaar ervaring)
Do you see room for effective and efficient improvements everywhere? Then take a look at this vacancy of Junior Logistics Engineer and apply immediately!
For our fast-growing division DSV Solutions, based in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Junior Logistics Engineer
What you are going to do
The content of your role
You are responsible for initiating and coordinating projects aimed at setting up and optimising the operational (logistics) processes within our warehouse. In such a way that an efficient execution of logistics services, in line with specific customer needs, can take place. In the position of Junior Logistics Engineer you report directly to the Manager Business Support.
Other tasks in your role are
- Determine the requirements and specifications of customers or your own organisation and propose improvements;
- Coming up with innovative solutions for problems that are related to the work. Thinking up new ways of working to replace existing ones, questioning the obvious and countering traditional tendencies;
- Coordinating/participating in projects related to new customers, processes and applications;
- Adding meaning to information in a given work situation. Developing and deepening knowledge in a particular area of interest and translating the consequences for one's own organisation;
- Overview: Overseeing situations and processes in time, recognising problems and tackling them systematically with an eye for the consequences.
Who we are searching for
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and add value to our organisation. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, ownership. We also consider the following points important for the position:
- HBO work and thinking level;
- Analytical insight and a preference for optimising processes;
- Familiarity with WMS functionalities and mechanisation solutions is an advantage;
- Command of the Dutch and English languages, both verbally and in writing.
What we offer
Working at DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is enterprising and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organisation. That's why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer;
- A gross salary per month appropriate to the position and your work experience;
- 28 holiday days and 8% holiday pay based on gross annual salary (to be paid in May);
- Possibility to work at home in combination with a homework allowance;
- A good pension scheme (Nationale Nederlanden);
- And furthermore, a sit-stand desk, lease-plan bicycle scheme and flexible working hours.
Who we are
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.